Wednesday, January 16

copycat calendar

I have a confession. I'm obsessed with I love the blog Young House Love. To the point that I frequently talk about John, Sherry, Clara or Burger as if we are friends and without warning that I'm referring to a blog that I am in love with follow. And so this week I stumbled upon a very fortuitous provision of a calendar template.

I'd been toying with the idea of making a calendar but hadn't seen much inspiration for anything I wanted to make. John and Sherry have made their own the calendar the last few years and always make them fun and personal. They are kind enough to provide the PSD so you can edit and make your own. So naturally I did -- and it was so very easy!

In following suit from their calendar I found an Instagram that either I or Ethan had taken from each month over the past year. I resized the picture and converted to black and white (okay literally I just copied what they did because it was cute and it worked and it was super easy) then added my caption based on some reference, quote or joke that me and Ethan share from that memory. So in about an hour, I had a personalized calendar all ready to print, with very little creative effort on my part (thanks John and $herdog!)





What I love most is that it could be printed on any normal color printer, and the rectangles are about 5x10 - they make an excellent grid and I'm planning to frame them out so I can use a dry-erase marker to add things without ruining my pretty pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment