Saturday, April 24

what we think/what we do

I'm taking a class this semester called Gender and Sexuality. As you might guess from it's title, the class is very interesting.. and very full of opinionated classmates. Many of my classmates have somewhat to extreme liberal points of view and it's been incredibly challenging to my faith in class discussions. For instance, the topic of homosexuality. We recently had an assignment online (thank goodness--its much easier to voice your opinions when you can think through them before blabbering like a fool) in which we were supposed to share everything we knew for sure about homosexuality and anything we were unsure of. This was such a challenge to me! What better way to present the Gospel through Scripture, interpretation of what the Bible says, and how it applies to life today. It's hard to argue against some of my classmates because they've lived with people who claim to be Christians but have no desire to live for Christ. Their view of Christianity is negative, they don't think God is legitimate, and they think that how we live on this earth should be our own choice. It's hard to argue with someone who doesn't really care what you think, especially when you have to be gentle so as to remind them that not all Christians are terrible filthy people with no regard for Holiness. But it sure does remind me that my life is a witness... what a great opportunity!! 


I've found my most reliable argument for what the Bible teaches about homosexuality is to look to Genesis BEFORE the fall... After the fall, the Bible is full of sinners just like us who messed up, so my non-Christian class mates think they are not a very reliable witness. But there isn't much to argue against a perfect God who created man in His image, then made woman out of man to be the suitable helper for which he would commit his own life to. Our God is a Holy, all-knowing God indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I heard a sermon talking about homosexuality and I really liked the way he put it.. He said homosexuality can be seen just as any sin and as far as being "born gay" goes.. He said he'd never met a born again gay person. Once your saved, the holy spirit will totally renew your mind..Just like people who can cold turkey quit drug addiction, gays can be redeemed just the same.

    ReplyDelete