Tuesday, December 21

Goin' to the Chapel...

This weekend I went to Little Rock, Arkansas for my big Olivia's wedding. I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid, and we had such a fun time spending the last few precious hours of being single with sweet Olive. She was stunning, and such a testimony of God's faithfulness to see her journey come to this point with Jon. The wedding was beautiful, such a simple and sweet celebration of the body of Christ as His bride. I made sure to get all the highlights from the weekend:
On Friday morning Ethan and I drove from Clinton to Little Rock at 6 am and barely made it to the hotel in time to get ready for Olivia's bridesmaids luncheon. But I made it, and we were able to have such a relaxing, delicious lunch at this beautiful home. 
All weekend long, Olivia was beautiful. She made it look like it was summer outside with her pretty tan and beautiful smile.
The bridesmaids each got a ring as part of our bridesmaids' gifts. Olivia explained that she has been searching antique stores the last few months for a ring that reminded her of each bridesmaid. This was to represent how we are the bride of Christ and how special that is in her wedding celebration.
The rehearsal went beautifully, and we had such a fun time at rehearsal dinner watching a sweet video of Jon and Olivia's friends "toasting" them before the wedding. I know Ethan and I will both miss our double dates with Jon and Olivia having dinner/desert and movie nights. We're considering taking a trip to Waco to reunite!
I was so thankful to have Ethan there this weekend.. He made medicine runs for me when I wasn't feeling well, waited patiently while I had bridesmaids duties, and carried all of my stuff to the car when I had to be somewhere for pictures or what not. He was such a blessing and so incredibly servant hearted.
The flowers were beautiful, even though Olive didn't even know what they were going to be until she showed up. I loved how simple her sweet wedding was... so "Olivia" to trust all the details to fall into place.
Olivia was absolutely stunning. I couldn't stop taking pictures of her, trying to catch how beautiful she looked. Jon is one lucky husband!
The gown... it was perfect, and looked incredible on Olive. Sweet, skinny little thing..
Good friends and family, we were so glad to share this special day with Olivia.
Typical Olive to wear the party boots on her wedding day. No other shoes would have been apropritate for such a celebration!
I loved this one.. The ceremony was beautiful, I held it together until the end when I was standing by Jon and Olivia, kneeling at the altar and praying over one another. Perfect. Then the reception was so fun, and so simple. I couldn't stop smiling!
They were pretty calm with the cake... not too crazy!
Beautiful family. I was so glad everyone was here for Olive's beautiful day. We had fun!
All the Chi Omegas... We were well represented!
Singing Shades, I almost cried... so cheesy (like Big like Little)
My very favorite person. So grateful for this one.
 The Abernathys...
So good, helping her get her dress all inside.
And the beautiful sunset driving back to Clinton. Perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment