Friday, December 31

gone baby gone

"New Years Resolutions are just for people who weren't awesome the year before..."

This week we Collins folk had a jump start on the new years resolutions, not because we aren't awesome, but because with any new year there is bound to be some necessary changes. We'll save the diet for next week... This week was time for repainting the kitchen and getting a big girl haircut. See below :)

Kitchen before:

Kitchen after:

Haircut before:

And six inches of hair cut off later:

This next period of my life is about to bring many changes on its own, resolutions aside. I begin my first month of interning with Shades on Sunday! I will be working with the youth ministry all of January, then again for the summer. I've never worked anywhere more than part time, so this 8-5 full time commitment will be quite an adjustment. Starting the 11th I'll be driving once a week to Jackson for a night class, sort of a commuter for a few weeks. Then the spring semester has so many changes in store I cannot even begin to list them.

This next period of my life is going to look very different. It's going to be a phase unlike what I'm used to, not necessarily comfortable. But I know God has SO much in store. The last few weeks it's been easy to backslide into comfort. Being home, with friends and family is natural and normal, so I don't have to try hard to feel at peace. But I am recognizing how quickly I must shed this mentality when all these things are being stripped away slowly to leave me before the Lord, vulnerable and open to His plans and promises. I know that it will be good in the end, but that process doesn't always promise to be easy or fun along the way. I'm trusting, hoping for the best, and ready to see what comes after the refining time is finished and the fruits can be seen from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment