Wednesday, January 5

student building, this is Rachael...

I had my first experience as the official front desk lady on Monday. Like mother, like daughter I had the heater turned on my feet and answered the phone to transfer anyone and everyone who called with a student building emergency. Granted only about five people called in a three hour span, it was still an exciting and adventurous growing up experience.

The last few days have been such a treat. I'm excited every morning to spend time at Shades around wonderful people who I respect and look up to. Even though the workload hasn't been strenuous, I feel like I'm learning small steps that will be very useful in the future. And let's be honest, I just love getting to pretend I'm a grown up working at Shades since that's my dream life anyways.

I'm also becoming less and less nervous about what the changes of this semester will look like and learning to trust God each day for whatever He brings my way. It's a good feeling to trust without having all the answers, however slow the process might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment