Wednesday, January 19

so many lessons...

This month has been crazy. Good, but definitely hard. God is revealing so many truths to me about things I've thought, preconceived notions I've held onto.. And most of all, my double-minded tendencies that break His heart.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't feel closer to the Lord, or why I don't hear Him more. Then I realize my love for the world, the people who I have relationships with, the things that consume my time and efforts, are preventing me from complete dependance on Him when it comes to intimacy and guidance. When I answer my own questions and listen to my own voice, I lose the precious time He wants to use to lead me. And when I spend my days doing everything for me, hoping to squeeze Him in for a few minutes, why do I expect this to be a good thing? You don't grow in ten minutes, you grow in life. And my life has a lot of holes to be filled.

God is growing me and challenging me.. many things to still work through and think on. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment