Monday, January 31

tomorrow

bags packed: check (kind of)
laundry done: ehh... working on it.
books read for tomorrow's night class: ..............
car full of gas: yep!
new real simple wedding magazine purchased: absolutely! (just for fun, don't worry)

well at least the essentials are taken care of, yes?

Today has been hectic, and not ideal for my last day at home, but tonight has been a reminder of the blessing God has poured out on my life this month. I had dinner with Janie, a precious senior girl at Hoover I've known for years through church. This month I have had time to get to know Janie more, to watch her grow up right in front of my eyes, and to see how the Lord is calling her to Him. I've heard her heart as she shares her convictions, her callings, her passions.. And the more that she matures, the more I see the Lord at work in her life.

Jane is the perfect example of what I am desiring in ministry. The opportunity to develop relationships with girls who have a heart for the Lord and are desperately seeking Him.. this is how I want to spend my time. To pour into these precious daughters of the King and encourage them through the hard transition into college, the difficulties in staying pure in relationships, the ability to balance old and new friendships. These stages in life that come quickly are prime opportunities to fall before the Lord and trust Him exclusively, but without encouragement that refining process is so hard. Being able to hear Janie's life lately has reminded me how much I want to do just that. To know someone and walk beside them in their life, that's what Christ did, and that's what I want to do,

As I prepare for school to start back, I'm asking God for the willingness to seek out these relationships in Jackson where I am, and not let what I'm learning be something save for Shades and home. This is applicable right now, in the ministries I involve myself in and with the friends who need encouragement in the Lord. I'm getting more excited for the semester the closer it gets, and I know the Lord can use that eagerness to change my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment