Tuesday, March 23

life. lily. delicious.

the weather is absolutely beautiful today. so that's nice.
Lily came for a visit, and she's just sitting letting me hold her and being so calm.
I made rice krispies today for tomorrow's social work bake sale.. and they turned out to be delicious! they didn't have any normal rice krispies, so I got jumbo. I used a ton of butter and too many marshmallows... so much better :)

I've had south africa on my heart all day. I woke up this morning so wide awake after my full nine hours of sleep, so I went to starbucks after class for some time with the Lord. I've been reading through Psalm, and this was today's chapter. 
Psalm 67:
1 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us.
2 that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations.
3 May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you.
4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth.
5 May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you.
6 Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God, will bless us.
7 God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him.

I read this verse with a different perspective today. verse 2 says "that your ways may be known on earth" directly after talking about how the Lord blesses us and shines His face upon us. So often I've wondered why I am so blessed, why am I able to see God's face and not others? But this is such an answer to that question... SO THAT God's name can be known. So that the nations and all peoples may praise God when they see the good things he has done in our life. We are to be the voice that carries the good news because we can't help but keep it to ourselves.

This was so neat to think about in answering the question why am I going to South Africa? I have been praying about this trip for nearly a year and a half, and I was so eager to make sure that missions is a part of my life now, where I am, and that I wasn't letting my excuse for not going be that I wasn't at Shades any more (which practically makes missions your comfort zone because of how often they provide opportunities). I wanted to go out of obedience, and because I couldn't get South Africa out of my mind or off of my heart. Then when Melanie moved there I became even more concerned for the need she described in the hearts of the people. I must go because God has blessed and changed my life and I want to share so that all the peoples, all the nations can be blessed by His life changing good news too!

What's not to share?????

No comments:

Post a Comment