Friday, August 20

creating... finally!

I realized something last week that got me down a bit.. that fact that this entire summer I have yet to paint, make, or create ANYTHING. which is weird. and considering my blog is called love laugh & paint, I felt I was slacking on my tri-fold description. So I finally got back to creating!

Ever sense Kristin came to work at Shades I've been promising her a painting to accompany her new office. Her walls were in need of some love, and since she secretly wishes she was a chi o, I decided what would look better in her office than her very own owl! But not just because of chi omega, but because as I thought about her story and her journey from Union to Shades, I realized just how much the Lord has taken care of her and provided for her in this transition. Which made me think of the verse in Matthew:

"Look at the birds of the air; they do now sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" -Matthew 6:26

Our gracious Lord has cared for Kristin through this entire transition, much like He cares for me and you each day. I am so grateful for His provision and how much he cares for us. The owl was just an added bonus!
After my painting excursion, I decided to fulfill my long-term dream of making a tshirt quilt. I've been saving tshirts since high school and planning and plotting to make a quilt so I could get rid of the rest of those three huge garbage bags..... So last night, around 10:30 I began the project. Didn't really know what I was doing but figured I could wing it.

Laid them all out... note the piles and piles in the back... and sewed until about 2:30 am. Got tired so started over this afternoon... Got a little LOT of help from Ging, and finished! Well.. the tshirt part at least!
props to dad for golding up the finished project. and ta-da... we have a quilt! Well, half of a quilt. more to come tomorrow with backing and border :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! .... what a great picture of you ... thru t-shirts!!! that will ALWAYS be one of my favorite memories of you - a comfortable soft t-shirt, your rolled-up jeans and a good pair of flip flops .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yyyyyyaaaaaayyyyyyyy! The saddest thing about you going back to schools your blog entries will no longer be about me! i still love the painting...thanks again for slaving over it. and did we talk about the tshirt quilt??? Katie Holloway finished mine this week! WEIRD coincidence.

    miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rachhhh looks awesome can't wait to see it in person, which reminds me.. you must come see my new room.. plus i'm going to need help repainting :)

    ReplyDelete