Sunday, August 15

birthday round two..

This past week flew by, but in a good way.. School is finally getting closer, which seems weird. Ethan moved back to school Friday, but not before giving me the sweetest birthday surprises.

Wednesday he picked me up and took me straight to World Market where he got me this beautiful jewelry box I'd be eying... eyeing? wanting. 

After our shopping adventure, I got to open the mysterious birthday box he had brought along. Inside I found four envelopes, each with a different restaurant labeled on the outside.

I had to choose one envelope (Habanero's obviously) which contained a sequence of options that would determine the rest of our plans for the day. In addition to the date plans, I got a phone call from a different friend each 30 minutes throughout the day to sing me a birthday song. Props to Olivia who rewrote this most awesome song on her drive from Waco to Jackson. Hilarious.

At lunch I got to open the envelope and choose Bruster's for desert, so we had ice cream and went to visit our new favorite, K nation.
Next was soccer in the student building, naturally, followed by shopping at the mall and running some errands. We spent the evening with Ethan's family at his house, and had a little visitor return for birthday cake and presents. I've officially adopted her as a part of my chi omega family.

After birthday round two, we spent the next two days just enjoying the end of summer.. swimming at the pool, being lazy and eating a lot of good food. Friday I left for Jackson to meet some friends and head to rush retreat at Natchez Trace. Haley planned everything and did an incredible job. It was so fun to see everyone again and get in the rush mood... One week from today I officially head back to school and all the craziness begins. I cannot wait to get 30+ little ones, meet new friends, and finally put faces to these girls I've been praying for for months now. I am eager to see the ways the Lord allows me to invest in these girls, and to pour into their lives through the ministry that ChiOmega can be when used as one. I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment