Tuesday, January 19

change of heart.

If something is done the same way for years, does that mean it has to be the only way you can do it? I think not! So this year we decided to spruce it up a bit. I spent the afternoon with Ging working on invitations for initiation and they look GREAT! We used some card stock, vellum, and a wonderful laser printer that made years of somewhat dull look somewhat better.

I decided that this concept of sprucing things up, even if it means changing how things have always been, is a good thing. I read the verse in Hebrews last night about drawing near to God. 
"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." (Hebrews 10:22-24)
Drawing near to God does not have to be at a specific time of the week, or even the same time each day. It means turning our heart to a God who is always there and always willing to spend time with us. I think my heart could use some sprucing!
Garden by Needtobreathe
Let the songs I sing bring joy to you. Let the words I say profess my love. Let the notes I choose be your favorite tune. Father let my heart be after you.

1 comment:

  1. love love love the invitations .. good job and i love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete