Sunday, January 24

I know that you are for me.



Spent the weekend in Tuscaloosa with friends which was great, except for the hate letter left on my windshield by an angry Alabama fan against LSU. probably just jealous to only have one national championship in this century. hmm...

God is moving in Tuscaloosa and its amazing to see every time I go. Friday night I spent the afternoon and evening with Meredith at dinner and the "gymnastics game". We went to a house where five guys live, and it was unreal how Christ centered the atmosphere was. At one point I looked around at the different conversations going on and there were three Bibles out.. it was like being at Union ;)
Saturday I spent the day painting with Miss Kendall and Tori just talking about the things the Lord has been teaching us, encouraging one another, and just being in the fellowship of believers.
Saturday night was the most incredible, renewing worship experience I think I have ever been a part of. Kari Jobe of Gateway Worship led a worship concert at Valley View's D-now (talk about some d-now...). In the words of Meredith, "She could have read the phone book and my heart would still be worshipping." The authority she leads with, and the amazing lyrics of worship that she sang just gave a new freshness to what it looks like to be honest with our God. I wept, I laughed, I sang and danced and praised the Lord without reservations. It was the most intimately, vulnerable but wonderful time with the Lord to just ask Him anything and know He is big enough to answer!
God can use the most unlikely people and places to encourage us. Just sitting in a room of girls, painting and laughing can be the most uplifting time. Just talking to someone I had just met and remembering what its like to be in a hard situation can humble you in a heartbeat. God is so good, so sovereign, and so  consistent in the way that He leads.

Everyone should download something by Kari Jobe, and pronto ;)
You Are For Me by Kari Jobe
So faithful, So constant, So loving and so true
So powerful in all you do
You fill me, you see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to you
I know that you are for me
I know that you are for me
I know that you will never forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come down
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who you are
So patient, so gracious, so merciful and true.
So wonderful in all you do
You fill me, you see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to you

No comments:

Post a Comment