Sunday, January 31

the big picture.


Disciple Now this weekend! A lot of things were different about this year. It was the first year I was able to lead a group instead of just being a student, or helping out behind the scenes. I was excited about this, but definitely not expecting how much God would use the weekend to teach, challenge and grow me up.


Lately I've been doing a lot of growing up. I can feel the Lord using people, situations and different things in my life to open my heart to the things of God and honestly, its been hard. This weekend was no exception. We talked about The Big Picture--what does a life that is filled with the Spirit look like? How do we focus on the Lord and the Spirit and not on the sin? How do we encourage each other and show others we are different? This weekend basically summed up everything I've been learning the last month and half or more.


Ethan has a way of being so honest, and often blunt, that I've never been around so consistently. Lately he's been helping me to see the things in my life that I have been trying to ignore, and encouraged me so much in my walk with the Lord. The more I seek God, the more I find Him. Just like He promised in His Word. This weekend just reminded me of what a life that is surrendered to the Lord looks like and it was so encouraging. So challenging to face my sin square on, but so good to remember that the Lord sees me every minute of every day, and still loves me anyway. God is bigger than my sin, bigger than my guilt, bigger than my doubt. And repentance which follows grace leads to a life that glorifies Christ. How great our God is!




It was also great to see friends, especially old encouraging ones like this one. Although she is not a Chi O, she was proudly decked in her cardinal and straw and told me if I got her a tshirt, she'd be a Chi O for life! God just reminds me everyday of how much people in my life can encourage me and teach me. Meredith has always been such a consistent example of someone who loves Jesus, and what's not to love about her? Plus she's just stinking cool. 


Led a small group with Lebbie and Riles came to visit. Tribe love, summer 09, reunited. What a reunion. I love also the times I get to spend with LEB when she's serious. Although these times are rare, I am always so excited to see God growing her up and teaching her new things. What a sweet, fun, crazy friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment