Wednesday, February 10

back in black

The past two weeks have given me such a feel for what its going to be like as G.M. And its CRAZY!!!! I have been so busy running around getting things done for initiation, making calls and visits, picking things up, texting non-stop (Thank goodness for unlimited texting), messaging, calling, running more... But I love it! Its been so much fun to have this list of things to do, then to do them and feel so accomplished at the end of the day. I think the thing I am most excited about though, is all the interaction I have with the girls. Especially lately for initiation, I am talking to the pledges more than ever and even to the bigs, which are the girls in my pledge class. I can already see how there are so many opportunities to love on these girls. Which I am SO READY FOR! I noticed yesterday when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and stressing about getting everything done in time, that I needed to take a step back, calm down, and trust that God would get me through the night. Until I stepped out of the situation, I was not being the most pleasant person to be around. And by just enjoying the time I had with the girls, God really helped me to see how easily my attitude can help or hurt a situation or a relationship. Stress is no reason to snap at someone, and busyness is no reason to be rude. So note taken, but definitely not overcome. That will definitely be a struggle for me I am already predicting! Thank goodness God never runs out of patience with me!!!

I'm so proud of my sweet little for coming this far. She teaches me more than I ever would have thought about just having joy and being a constant encouragement. I am so excited to see her through initiation and finally become a part of Chi Omega.
The best part of this picture, is how accurately it sums up my family and friends. Megan.. who knows whats happening here. And then the creepers in the back... Whats not to love?

And this one I love just because of how much these girls have meant in my life lately. They aren't the only ones, but they are definitely a major reason of why coming back to school and getting in the swing of things has been so enjoyable. I think last semester I got so caught up in being selfish that I forgot how much I love and appreciate the friends God has put in my life. These past few weeks have been such a reminder of that though, and I love it! We had a fun date night to Starbucks last night, and time to just laugh and talk and have fun, after a pretty stressful day. God always provides :)

No comments:

Post a Comment