Thursday, May 20

home again home again...

I finished up with school, packed my car to the brim.. literally there was NO more room... and drove home on Tuesday. Yesterday Ethan turned TWENTY and we celebrated with a night of prizes and strawberry cake. I leave for Africa in TEN DAYS. It's so crazy how soon I will be in a completely different environment, a new way of life, for 30 days.


I think I'm most looking forward to this trip for two reasons: one, because I have not had the chance to do any sort of missions in college. Shades is so mission minded that it's almost easy and comfortable to be going somewhere. I'm grateful that I've had to use my time in Jackson to find ways to minister where I am, but I must admit I've missed the missions focus that I was so used to at home. The other reason is because I've had South Africa on my heart for almost two years now, and I just know God is going to use this trip to do some incredible things. I was telling a woman my mom works with about my trip and I think she described exactly what I've been thinking: she said, "This will be one of those times in your life where from now on you'll say 'My life before Africa' and 'My life after Africa'". I think that God has got some big plans in store for this trip. Not because it's Africa, or because of me.. Just because I've already seen God at work in every detail, every aspect of the planning and I trust that will continue even beyond July 2nd.


I can't wait! But for now, I am LOVING being home again. It's such a nice change to go from the fast pace, busy all the time mentality of school then just to be home, have familiarity, family, friends, and just love where I am. Life is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment