Sunday, July 18

meet me in St Louis.

What do you get when you add 16 hours in a car with 4 Collins, hot hot heat, a little rain, and a bunch of tourist attractions? OUR WEEKEND TO ST LOUIS!

Thursday morning we loaded up the car and set off for Missouri, the mid-west I guess? We met Bo at the Seminary and embarked on what became my first and favorite visit to St Louis. We had delicious dinner at this Chicago style deep-dish pizza place called Pi. The restaurant was SO COOL, it had brick walls, some wallpapered with damask (my favorite), and awesome black and white pictures around. We had fun just catching up and hearing about Bo's life.
typical Bo fashion, cheezin' it up!

Friday we went downtown to get tickets for the Cardinals game, got breakfast, then spent a few hours in the pool. It was my first true summer pool experience since my last month in Africa was winter! We got to see where Bo works, then went to the Cardinals game (they killed the Dodgers 8-2!). I also had my first subway/train experience when we loaded the train and did not get off until many stops later.

don't worry, me Bo and my dad all bought the same shirt...


Standing Room Only is not as fun as it sounds. and it doesn't really sound fun anyways.


but once we discovered the floor seats on the upper level, we had a good ole time.


family outing #a lot of the weekend...

Saturday after wonderful blueberry pancakes, we spent the day out and about. We went to the arch downtown and it was incredible! I never really understood what the big deal about a half circle was, but standing underneath and looking up at this gigantic aluminum arch was honestly pretty cool!


it's bigger than you think!


check it

Saturday night we went to this restaurant called Blueberry Hill. which can only be described as a more gritty Cracker Barrel.. like if Cracker Barrel met up with a rock band/chain gang and resulted in this place. Then we had the famous Ted Drewes. I didn't understand why frozen custard was such a big deal, until.. THE BIG APPLE. Frozen vanilla custard, with apple pie crust, whipped cream, and it was like heaven!!!

it was totally worth sweatingwaiting for in the direct sunlight.

Overall it was an awesome weekend. The weather was perfect, and we got to spend so much time with Bo which hasn't happened since Thanksgiving. Funny things always happen with him, such as his confusion to my dad's question wondering "If the deer were tame", to which Bo asked... "You mean... like can they do tricks?" Tame... trained... whichever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment