Wednesday, July 14

suit yourself, sweetie pea!

yesterday was one of the most fun days I have had in a long time. I went to babysit the Alligoods. Hannah is now 7 but I have babysat for her since she was wearing diapers. Avery is 3 I believe, and has taken a few years to warm up to me. But yesterday as soon as I walked in, Avery ran up and hugged my legs so I knew it was going to be a great day.

it was hot, hot, hot! outside so we decided to load up and go to Chickfila for the play place and the ice cream. These two precious girls are not your normal toddler and 2nd grader. Hannah and Avery both were using 3-syllable words at age 2 and are smart as can be, which makes for some funny sayings and expressions, such as Avery's "Suit yourself, sweetie pea!" as she walked out of the play place.

I forgot how simple pleasures like ice cream can make the worst thing better, such as a busted lip from falling down the slide.


After ice cream the girls wanted to go see GiGi, their new adopted grandmother, aka my mom. So we drove home to see GiGi and Shelley (or in Avery's words, Scruffy) and once again... those simple pleasures were awesome. Hannah quickly climbed up on GiGi's lap and began knitting. And I mean knitting.. in five minutes she was doing the four step process herself.. she's a smart one!! It was funny to turn around on the way home and see a little girl, in a car seat, KNITTING! like grandmother, like granddaughter I guess :)


After babysitting me and GiGi went to this new Mexican restaurant called Frontera Grill by the new Target. We had lunch with Weldon and got to catch up and share stories of her trip to Brazil and mine to Cape Town. It was so much fun seeing her and hearing about her life. What a great summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment