Sunday, July 4

home.

We made it! Praise HIM. The flight home was pretty alright, considering I slept fourteen of the sixteen hours. Tylenol PM worked wonders as I spent the entire flight fast asleep, and woke up Friday morning in the States. We drove back from Atlanta with Ethan's parents and I have adjusted incredibly well to the time change--no jet lag at ALL. Again.. PRAISE HIM!

So I've been in the process of post-travel adjustment, just recovering and coming back to normal life. It's kind of weird, and somewhat more difficult than I imagined. Kendall came to visit Friday night and ended up spending the night Friday and Saturday. I spent the evening with her and my good friend Bradley from high school just visiting and catching up. Since I've stayed so busy, I haven't had time to just sit and collect all my thoughts about the trip, but I think that may be a good thing. Since I was sad to say goodbye to my new friends, especially Melanie, I think I just needed some time to spend with my family and friends at home to remind me how good it is to be home. It's been wonderful to see my parents again since they were the ones I missed the most!

This trip was incredible, and more than I could have ever imagined. I think it's going to take me a while before I can put into words all that I learned, all that I saw and all the ways it has affected me as a person. I am eager to put those thoughts into practice and to begin seeking God with a new appreciation of who He is. I think the one thing I learned the most is about God's character, His many names and qualities. I know that understanding Him is something that translates into life any place and any time, so I cannot wait to see how He continues to reveal Himself these next weeks and months, post-Africa. God has been good through this entire process, and I am so thankful to have been able to grow with Him in Cape Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment