Thursday, July 29

being an adult...

is crazo. the last few days have provided plenty of entertaining stories, and a few mishaps along the way.

let's start with Bridezilla, as I like to refer to her. So tuesday morning was my first day to work the store. which means my first encounter with a customer, and my first exchange with the cash register. Enter: Bridezilla. You know the type... skinny blonde girl, looks like Lauren conrad, comments on how much she likes the smell of the genuine leather (princess alert number one). Skinny blonde girl is getting married this Saturday. (princess alert number two... and Bridezilla has been loosed). So after shopping frantically for the right beach bag for Hawaii (princess alert number three), and trying on the same necklace in front of the mirror three times (number four), Bridezilla is ready to check out. she lays down a bridal notepad... coool... and her necklace and I began to ring her up. However, since its my first time with the cash register I accidently hit a wrong button and her total comes up $10.00 more than it should be. This shouldn't be a problem.. if I knew anything about what to do when this happened. which I don't. Bridezilla's teeth are beginnging to show.

I call Mrs. Sandra rather than try to figure it out, however I must have pressed some wrong button along the way because the machine is now frozen. cooool, again. Bridezilla begins to growl... in the form of tapping her fingers on the counter and rudely shoutingasking "DON'T YOU KNOW HOW IT FIX IT?!?!" (p.a. number five). So I'm flustered and panicky, pressing void and escape and princess is saying "Maybe I just don't need this bag... I have to get back to work I'm in a hurry here!!!!" Oh Really? You seem so calm and serene, surely you have all the time and patience in the world... Bridezilla. After a few more buttons, ah ha! it works... I start to type in the amount, which she rudely says out loud as if to imply I might put the wrong one it.. Thanks princess... And we're in business. While getting the receipt she snaps, "Umm hello I need a bag?!" Oh yes princess, let me get my spidey gear out and snatch you one with my third hand I have. no worries. So princess grabs her things and leaves, to which I kindly reply "Have a great wedding.. your husband's a lucky man...." Ok I didn't say that last sarcastic remark I just wanted to kill her with kindness instead. Thank you Bridezilla for my first customer experience, you make me want to do retail forever.

Day two: much more smooth, thank you Jesus for small favors.

Day three: we don't like the odd numbers. I walk into the store to find water, on the floors, everywhere. Hmmm you don't belong with these purses. After examining the source I discover the floor boards seem to be leaking. Awesome. So I begin to mop/squeegie/wipe up water with all means available until finally the little asian man from the Nail salon next door comes over, admits his store is leaking, and quickly comes in to clean for me. thank you sweet Asians, you are the bomb. ssadly, no free manicure was offered, but I may just ask if it happens again.

Retail, how I love you....

1 comment: