Friday, July 9

new favorites

This week has been a fun reminder of how much I love church, ministry and the friends that come from those relationships formed. This year at school I was able to get to know Kristin Dutt much more, and just enjoy every single second I get to spend with her. She's hilarious, witty, smart and so genuinely interested in people's lives that it's hard to do anything but have fun when I spend time around her. After she graduated she moved to Birmingham and took the girls high school minster position at Shades. Ironically, this is my dream job I would give anything to do, so it's been fun to watch her transition into that.

Yesterday I got to listen to her teach a lesson/share her heart about relationships and purity according to Godly standards. I was so encouraged through her honesty and her insight into the Word. Tonight I got to spend the evening with her and Ethan having Purple Onion, Yogurt Lab, and sweet time at her new apartment. We played Jenga, cards, and the question game just laughing and enjoying the company of a new friend. I am so thankful that she's around and cannot wait to see all the ways the Lord uses her at Shades. I'm even more excited to spend a week at camp with her... New Wind and camp all in one month? Welcome to Shades, Kristin!


No comments:

Post a Comment