Wednesday, June 30

bittersweet...

This is the weirdest part of my trip so far! Last night Alicia took all the volunteers out to dinner at Pancho's (that wonderful Mexican restaurant) for a farewell dinner to Justine, Ethan and myself. It was all 17 volunteers, plus Alicia and Melanie and it was the saddest part of my trip so far.

I am in this place where I am excited for home, but not ready to leave yet. I'm ready to see my dad and my mom and my friends, but I could stay in this place forever. I don't want to leave Cape Town and the people here, but I know home for the summer is going to be so good. It's just the most extreme bittersweet feeling I think I've ever had. A month sounded so long, and now it's absolutely flown by. Strange to think in just over a month I'll be packing back up for school... Time is weird!

Highs and lows of the trip:
1. High: Meeting other people my age from around the world and the States who have the same idea of ministry and missions. Then getting to live with them for a month... It's been the best learning experience just seeing how they do missions and what they have learned in their time here.
2. High: Getting to spend a month with Melanie in the place she loves, seeing what she does.
3. Low: Having to say goodbye to Melanie again... without knowing I'll see her in six months.
4. High: sky diving :)
5. Low: being sick :(
6. High: Getting a better understanding of who God is, and seeing Him in real life. What a cool picture to see our God at work on another continent... I love to know how big our God is.
7. High: Capricorn church. I have never had such genuine, sincere worship and learning as the three weeks I spent in Capricorn church. God is doing big things there, and I loved getting to see where God has called Melanie.
8. Low: saying bye to Michele, and to the kids in Red Hill at the end of holiday clubs. Especially to feel like I've finally gotten past the new stage... that was hard.
9. High: Getting to spend a month in the most beautiful city in the world, and getting to share ministry with Ethan. That was something new, and we were both doing something different in the same place. Definitely cool.
10. High: having Chi Omega sisters spend a month with me... especially since one is G.M. Duh. Rho Beta.
11. High: meeting Alicia and having her for all of life's questions and problems.
12. Low: leaving tomorrow. ahh.
13. High: seeing my family on friday!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment