Sunday, June 13

can I fit one in my carry-on??

This is Synovia, my new carry-on I've decided. She hopped up in my lap the first ten minutes of being at Capricorn and instantly began playing with my hair. Within another ten minutes, she told me she loved me and I decided I would be bringing her home with me. Mom, you ready for a adopted grand-child??

This little cutie is the Pastor of Capricorn's son. Don't even have to say how precious he is.


I got to do my favorite kids activity: face painting. South African flag to cover your face? Well of course.. Some things never change.


Yesterday we spent the day at Canal Walk, the largest mall in South Africa. After shopping the day away, we had dinner at a MEXICAN place called Pancho's aka my favorite food of this entire trip. It was the best Mexican I've ever had. Okay it's possible I was just having withdrawals from the lack of Habanero's lately, but seriously the quesadillas were incredible. And the queso... We'll definitely be going back before we leave!!!


This is from the other night, we drove out to the beach to watch the sun set before we went to dinner at The Toad. I have a few pictures of the sun where the camera just couldn't handle the brightness and you can hardly tell that there is an ocean in front of the sun.. Don't you love the times we're unable to capture God's creation? I sure do!


Church this morning was.. well I don't really have any words to describe it besides Spirit-led. I really liked how we were in this warehouse-esque building without comfortable pews or heat. It was just a natural congregation of believers without the fancies of a normal American church. The music was led by Kendra, one of the girls who lives here in the volunteer house, and three middle school aged girls (which I also liked). After worship the pastor got up and encouraged anyone who had something to share to come and do so. This led to me crying as a woman began to sing for everyone about her Savior. After sharing and a little more singing, we had a time of prayer to lay hands on anyone in need. The sermon was about Noah and the lessons we can learn from his obedience to the Lord. It was such a blessing to see people being vulnerable before a group of believers and letting the Holy Spirit lead a sermon, even if it meant changing the schedule or plans. God is worthy of our praise without limitations!

1 comment: