Thursday, June 17

top five

So we've made it past the half way mark, less than two weeks to spend in this beautiful place. I thought I'd share my top five favorite moments so far.

1. Camel Rock Beach: the first weekend a few of us went shopping about 45 minutes away. We decided to take the scenic route back home and stumbled upon this beach. I literally stood still with no words for a minutes because I couldn't even take in how beautiful this place was. It was the definition of breath-taking, and maybe one of my favorite moments I've ever had.. in life.


2. The sunset: Last week we went out to dinner for a goodbye celebration on Zuzanna's last night. Spur of the moment, we decided to run to the beach and try to catch the sunset before dinner. I'm finding my favorite moments are those that aren't planned. I watch the sunset and had to force myself to look at all the different places: the water, wow. the sun, OH wow. the mountains, woah. All side by side. Goodness.


3. Spending the day at the market with friends: yesterday we stumbled to the market and wandered around for hours. It was another pleasant surprise, and I loved the experience. We found this little Panini/Pasta/Pizza place and I got my entire meal for R50 which is less that $7.00. I love the little finds tucked around the city, and the biggest bonus was getting to spend the day with some of my favorite housemates.


4. Meeting Synovia: I think about this precious little one everyday. I only spent about one hour with her, but I couldn't get over how easy she was to love. She told me she loved me after ten minutes, she hugged my neck instantly, and couldn't stop playing with my hair. She showed me her butterfly tattoo and whispered "BUT-TAH-FLIE" and couldn't stop giggling. She was my favorite.


5. Gatsby night with Melanie, and just time with Melanie in general: as soon as I saw Mel in the airport I couldn't help but cry. I have been able to spend at least two days each week with her since I've been here, if not more. One night we went to watch the sunset by her house before eating dinner, and it would have been okay with me if we just never left. I've missed my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment