Friday, June 11

vuvuzelas gone wild

Things I saw/heard more of today than I ever knew existed:
1. Bafana Bafana jerseys
2. vuvuzelas, the loud obnoxious noise makers that EVERYONE who's anyone has
3. South African flags, especially those prominently placed on the entire face by me, the American face painter. Oh irony
4. The colors yellow and green together
5. Little children doing the diski. what's that? This is what.

Today was great though. I loved the energy that Cape Town had, the spirit of the little children who are so excited for their country to be a part of something so incredible.

What's Bafana Bafana doing after they win the World Cup??? turning the playstation off ;)

This morning I got to go on another home visit with Michele, which was pretty sad, but me and Michele had a good talk afterwards about how to cope with seeing such hard situations and broken hearts each day. I definitely had plenty to cheer me up when I was surrounded for the afternoon with beautiful little children, sitting in my lap to play with my hair, or running up to have their South African flag prominently displayed on their faces. Pictures to come tomorrow...

Tomorrow is Table Mountain... Good thing I'm so naturally athletic and all, it should be a breeze to climb.. duh.

2 comments:

  1. isn't it neat to know that God can make Himself known even through a paintbrush and some face paint ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. if u can so do that dance when u come home i will be so jealous

    ReplyDelete