Sunday, June 6

Great Gatsby...? yes please.

Interesting fact about Cape Town: the weather can be all four seasons in one week. Today was a sneak peek at winter.

This morning we went to church at King of Kings, John Thomas' church where Living Hope is founded from. It was definitely NOT what I was expecting. When I think of South African church I did not picture primarily white families sitting in their chairs singing Prince of Peace quietly. But this morning I felt like I was right back in Anytown USA. John Thomas spoke on the ways the Lord speaks to us, and it was such a great message just reminding you of the importance of spending time with the Lord before you can hear His voice. However, the similarities were shocking and the differences were few.

Tonight was the adventure of the Gatsby. For those of you like myself who are new to Cape Town culture, let me paint a little picture of the Gatsby for you: Huge french loaf of bread over a foot long + chicken + "chips" aka fries + lettuce + tomato + sauce + mayo + all on one sandwich = THE GATSBY. This one sandwich can comfortably feed FOUR people, and one fourth is the size of my hand! It was great, such an adventure, and definitely a memory.
don't be fooled.. the sandwich is missing one fourth. oh and check out my sweet ring :) thanks Africa.

Ethan and I went to Melanie's for the night and had such a fun time catching up, playing cards, asking questions. Its such a nice feeling to have a little piece of home tucked away in such a foreign place. The comfort of stability is something that's been missing lately and tonight was a great reminder of that!


1 comment:

  1. ooo... I love a Gatsby!!! And I loved sharing with Gordon, Mel and Sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete