Tuesday, June 15

God is REAL in reddd hill!

The good news is, movies only cost about three dollars here. Sunday night Ethan and I got to see Prince of Persia for a whopping 50 rand which is about seven dollars... Total. Monday morning was the start of holiday clubs for the kids. Michele had Monday and Tuesday off, so I used my free day helping the LSE's at Red Hill with their kick off. Since I hadn't been involved in any of the planning I wasn't very useful for the activities. So instead I got to spend the day playing with the little girls and having them play with my hair. We started out with just a few kids due to the rain/cold. But by lunch time we had nearly 40 kids.

This morning I woke up to a wonderful surprise! Today is Ethan and my two year anniversary of dating. Even though we're in Africa, he still found a way to make it special. He got me all my favorites and a few little African extras as well.

This afternoon we spent our time in Overcome playing with children in a daycare. Tomorrow is a public holiday so we get the day off to sleep late, rest, and maybe shop a little ;)

God has been teaching me about himself as Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals. It's so hard to see these little children with so much need and hurt, and just realize I'll be going home soon back to my pain-free life. But at the same time its so refreshing to be with little kids who have no cares in the world, they just want to be loved by you and let you hold them. God is real in Red Hill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment