Monday, June 28

even the rocks will cry out

GOD IS SO AWESOME!!! If you didn't know this already, spend a little time on Table Mountain and you will definitely change your mind.

Yesterday I went with four of the other volunteers to Table Mountain. I had never heard of Table Mountain when I came to SA, and everyone kept saying climbing it was their one thing they HAD to go before they left. If you have ever seen pictures of Cape Town, you've probably seen this mountain. It's not known for it's height, but rather how flat it is. It really looks like a table. So this whole trip I have been hesitant to climb it, despite my obvious awesome athletic abilities.... right? But yesterday the group assured me they would be taking the cable cars up and down, so I went along.

I AM SO GLAD I DID! We rode the cable car up, which was cool because it got us to the top in like two minutes, and the floor spins so you get the whole view of the mountain and city and ocean all in one trip! Then we get to the top, and literally I was blown away. I walked out onto the mountain, and it was HUGE. There's so much space since the mountain is so flat, so for yards and yards and yards you just walk around,  taking in the view around you. To the right you can see the entire city, it's beautiful even in the middle of the day. You can see the soccer stadium, the buildings, the little roads. Then look to your left a little and you see what seems like the entire Atlantic Ocean. You can see the way the earth bends at the edges because you see so far. You see the entire sky, yesterday was perfect blue weather. It's incredible. Keep looking and you see how big this mountain is. There are people everywhere, coming to see this incredible mountain view.

As I walked around, taking pictures, taking it all in, I couldn't help but think about the verse where Jesus says with faith like a mustard seed, you can move mountains:
20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

I just kept thinking about that because of the size and beauty of this place. Faith in our great God can move mountains, not just Table mountain, but mountainS. AHHH!!! The simplest things have grown my understanding of God while I have been here. God is so good. Just enjoy this view:






No comments:

Post a Comment