Wednesday, June 2

day three is a good thing

I am currently sitting in my bed, waiting for dinner to be cooked, and enjoying this view:


What's NOT to love?


Today Michele was still not at Living Hope, so my job has not been detailed or determined yet. Instead I spent the day working with a few of the people who are helping in Kids Club. Danielle, one of the LH staffers had an entire list of things to do. Item number one read: "Finish 1,000 kids armors of God". Well rather daunting eh? So we set off on our to-do list and worked the smaller tasks first such as sorting/counting clothes and materials, peeling toilet paper off the rolls and hole punching them to become noise makers, and other various tasks. Although this sort of busy work can seem pointless at times, I was reminded of how the small things still matter when I was given the chance to have such good conversations with a few of my house mates.


I absolutely LOVE Carley. She's my fellow Chi O sister and we spent a good 30 minutes talking about Chi O.. the differences in our chapters, sharing ideas. Not only is she a Chi O, she's also her chapter's pledge trainer.. like me. Which was so nice to talk with someone who's already been planning! She also loves John Mayer, so we could basically be best friends, yes? We had such good conversations today about boys, our faith since Carley is Catholic--I had many questions! She's full of energy and life and so willing to share with you when you ask. She has the ability to make just about anyone feel welcome and I am so excited to get to know her the next few weeks.


I also had good conversation with Stuart, Josh, Justine and Ethan about Hillsong, religion, and the new trend of "religious experiences". It's so encouraging to be surrounded by other Christians around my age who come from such different back grounds and hear their heart.


Although today was calm, I am thankful to be easing into things as jet lag has been taking its toll on me! I did however get nearly 11 hours of sleep last night, so I guess it could be much worse :)


It's so beautiful here I never want the days to end just so I can sit back and enjoy the views... I haven't stopped smiling since I stepped off the airplane! Tonight I'm getting coffee with Melanie which I could cry I'm so excited for! This weekend we may go to the beach with her sweet friend Meagan. I love this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment